Earthen Store Product Image Guidelines
This article will help you to know what you should be doing with your product photograph in order to make sure it matches to the expectation of Earthen Store standard. We will not ask you to do something really different but it is important to understand that professional product photography is an expensive affairs. So make sure when you spend money for this job it is done in such a way that it can be used for multiple purposes.
There are two aspects of it. First make sure you understand Technical Aspect of product image and then required standard. Let us quickly explain it below…
Technical Specification of Product Image
Product images submitted to Earthen Store should meet the following technical specifications.
- Picture Format Accepted: JPEG (.jpeg/.jpg) and PNG (.png) format.
- Picture Dimension: At least 1000x1000px with 300 DPI with sRGB or CMYK color mode.
- File names must consist of the product identifier ES Model # or SKU or UPC or EAN (for Example: B000123456.jpg or 0237425673485.tif)
Note: Spaces, dashes or additional characters in the filename will prevent your image from going online.
Required Standard for Product Image
For images named by product identifier without a option code or named with the MAIN option, and display as the main image on the product detail page, Earthen Store maintains the following product image standard:
- The image must be the cover art or a professional photograph of the product being sold.
- The image must be of, or pertain to, the product being sold.
- The image must be in focus and photographed with realistic color, and smooth edges.
- All other products should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
- Up to six cropped or close-up images are allowed per products
- Other products ¬or objects are allowed to help demonstrate the use or scale of product.
- For packed product front, back side and raw product images are allowed.
- Drawings or illustrations of the product are not allowed.
- The image must not contain gratuitous or confusing additional objects.
- Frame, Jewel cases, promotional stickers and material decoration are not allowed.
- Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255).
- The image must not contain additional text, graphics, or inset images.
- Pornographic and offensive materials are not allowed.
- Backgrounds colors and environments representation are not allowed.
- Text and demonstrative graphics are not allowed.